Monday, April 6, 2015

Team De La Soul

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiit's Hype Week!  Now what?  Uh... Head to www.torcpress.com I guess?  We'll work on it.

First off, a big thanks to the fine folks at Tippy Con in Lafayette, IN.  It was a cool show with a good crowd.  I really dug it.

Also, a big thanks go out to Tom Perry for taking me out for tacos after the show.  I have the best readers ever.

Right.  Comix.

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club (v2) #1 Page 7.

It's a bit crazy doing a team comic with 12 people on it.  That's a lot of people to wrangle around and deal with.  Thankfully, I'm a Plot Driven Writer, so it doesn't really matter how many people I throw on the team.  It's all about whatever crazy nonsense I throw my guys way, and if I can slip in some Character Stuff here and there, it be a bonus.  Of the many cool things about having a 12 person team, is that you can break your massive team into smaller teams at will.  And thus we get Team De La Soul (which I think was a R&B Group or something maybe).

Team De La Soul are the Four Major "Support" Players on the Team.  The four characters, Tei Harlequin, Pengy Penguin, Shiv, and the Cosmic Fool, all possess a variety of Defensive, Healing, Protective, or Diagnostic based powers.  What are they gonna do about a completely vaporized village?  I dunno.  Maybe we'll find out in a page or two.

Side Note #1:  I really like drawing Jester Kidd's Dogs.  I hate drawing Jester Kidd's feet.  They always look funny to me.

Side Note #2:  I forgot to color in Electric Cherry on this page.  I'll have to fix that for the Print Edition.

Side Note #3:  Yes, Mei does call me "Sweetie".  I'm okay with it since it's a Dr. Who reference.  I'm her Doctor, and she's my River, y'know?

Side Note #4:  Stop puking Bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment