Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ash & Fire

I type these the night before I post them, and I am a bit fried right now for some reason.  Bleh.

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club (v2) #1 Page 6.

I'm trying to play HFSAC as an All Ages Book, which to me doesn't mean that it's a Kid's Book or a Book aimed at Kiddies or whatever.  To me, it means that I just don't do Foul Language, Gore, Sex, and that kinda stuff.  Death still happens, but we try not to be too blatant or over the top about it.  I know it's a departure from the stuff I did in the Olden Days, but I'm an Old Man now, and I'm not as drawn to that stuff as I used to be.  Plus, honestly, it's weird trying to sell comics at Conventions and trying to explain what people can and can't buy because of age restrictions and whatnot.

Anyway, instead of a village full of burning bodies like you'd see in your average Marvel comic, here we get flames and smoke and suggestive dialogue.  I dunno, works for me.

Other than that, I kinda like using the Heavy Pencils to suggest the Bounce Gate breaking through the Dimensional Walls.  One of the things I like about TORC Press Comix is that they like being Comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment