Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Swirling Brawl

Once again, Free Comic Book Day is this weekend.  Seriously.  Free Comics.  Go get em.  I'll be at the Best Darn Comic Shop on the Planet selling comics, so be there or be square, Daddio.

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club (vol. 2) #1 Page 17.

If you're gonna do Kirby-style (and by golly, I'm-a doing Kirby style right now), then you gotta do the Big Crazy Brawl.  The Big Crazy Brawl is a staple of any good action comic, and I would like to make sure there's at least one of these per issue (or a Space Battle or a Giant Monster Battle... if I fail to put at least one of these in an issue of HFSAC then I'll have wasted everyone's time).  I need to keep working on these, because they expose my weak points pretty badly (so... much... perspective.  Seriously, look at how much bigger the guys stepping out of the Elevator are than that guy shooting the gun who's almost even with them.  Like I said, gotta keep working on it).

Anyway, if you read HFSAC vol. 1 #24, then you saw Mister Halloween using his "Negato Puppetmaster" Technique.  It's a Mind Control Technique, but it's kind of different, in that Mister Halloween uses his Negato Energy to Erase the Mental Energy of the target, essentially burning out the victim's mind.  Mr. H then uses residual Negato Energy to control the body like a puppet.  It's a creepy, cool attack.

We'll talk more about Cactus Joe's Power tomorrow.  I will say that I have no idea what Primordial Ooze looks like.  I intentionally designed it to look like Butterfly Wings, which is a continuing theme of the series.

Oh, don't feel bad for the Ortex Soldiers.  Yes, they're all dieing horrible deaths, but, y'know, they're responsible for blowing up an entire village of innocent blue-monkey-people.  So, don't feel bad for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment