Friday, April 3, 2015

Glancing at the Past

I'm a little slow getting stuff up this morning.  I know, no one's reading this anyway, let alone on a set time schedule, but y'know, I'm crazy.  Anyway, I've got two orders of business this morning before we get to today's strip.

First off, I'll be at Tippy Con in Lafayette, IN this Saturday.  I'll be doing my thing, talking to folks, selling comics, and just generally being me.  Info can be found at:  http://www.tippycon.com/.

Second off, next week is HYPE WEEEEEEK!  As I've mentioned before, I want to work real hard at making TORC Press/The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club into a thing that's a thing, which means I have to promote it.  A lot.  So, from here on out, the first full week of every month, from Monday through Friday (maybe Saturday too) I'll be obnoxiously hyping TORC Press on Facebook and whatnot, adding new stuff to the Online Store, and, best of all, I'll be putting up new WILDCARD PAGES!  Wildcard Pages are the cool new thing.  I like em cause they allow me to explore other corners of the TORCverse and try new stuff.  I skipped my Wildcard Page this week due to time constraints, but next week I wanna post at least three new Wildcard Pages.  Wildcard Pages!!!!

Alright, let's get on to today's page of SDF.  As usual, today's page was written by Scott Bayler, so we'll be turning the Commentary Track over to him.  Take it away Boolah.

SDF (v2) #1 Page 2.

PAGE TWO

More troop rallying with a bit of flashbacks in the fold. I have to admit, I'm writing the commentary tracks without seeing the finished art pages, but I trust my tag team partner did the scenes justice.

Keep in mind: Secret Soldier is not the leader of the group, per se. This is just his way of telling the reader where we've been and where we're going.
Half of these people have been in the World Hero League together (Doom Eagle, Death Moth, and the Soldier) so the mutual trust is there. I hope to explore past WHL stories here in SDF as a plot device to add on to my big omnibus here. That's right! Omnibus!! Heh heh.



No comments:

Post a Comment