Monday, April 27, 2015

Face Punching and Death Ray Eyes

Alrighty, Cats n' Kittens, this weekend is Geek Christmas, cause it's Free Comic Book Daaaaaay!  That's right, this Saturday I'll be at the Best Darn Comic Shop on the Planet, Comic Quest in Evansville, IN, doing my thing.  I'll have comics and prints for sale, and me and my partner in crime, Scott "Boolah" Bayler will be yammering at anyone that gets near our table.  It's gonna be a good ole time.

Anyway, Web Comix time.  Today's a good one, I think.

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club (v.2) #1 Page 16.

If you've been keeping up with HFSAC, then you should know that @byss is tough as nails.  In HFSAC 20-22, @byss is the only member of HFSAC to withstand Null Vizor's Energy Blast Attack.  He also goes toe to toe with Null Vizor (well, a Null Vizor Robot Duplicate).  During the "Bad Rapture" Event, @byss is only one of three Heroes left standing when the Vertionce does his Death From Above Attack (and he was closer to Ground Zero than the other two).  Anyway, the reason why @byss is so tough is because he is made of an extremely dense concentration of gravity.  Since getting a cosmic upgrade in HFSAC (v1) #24, @byss can now break off parts of himself, essentially creating clones of himself.  He can then puppetmaster those clones with his Gravito power.  He's a one man army (but not a wussy one man army like Multiple Man (cool character, but way too much of a lightweight to actually be effective)).

I like how casual Sphynx is.  It's like, welp, gonna Vaporize some Bad Guys now.  I'm a-just gonna stand here and get my Death Ray on.  Don't mind me.

Other than that, I felt it was necessary for Team Face Punch to actually Punch some Faces.  So that was a goal of this page.  Mission Accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment