Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Runaway, Dendull Triumphant, and the Phoenix

Here We Go:

SDF:

SDF 10-23.

Boolah had the idea for a kid from the Community to acquire the Puzzelor's Mask and the Vertionce's Sword, Enmarkos, as a possible story thread for later.  I thought we had decided that Coby Cane would be the kid (of course, given my Goldfish-like memory, this is pretty suspect.  I may be remembering things the way I want to), but it looked like in Boolah's thumbnails that he wanted the kid in the ball cap from Bad Rapture Alpha who gives the Mystery Man the Baseball Bat to be the Kid.  So, I made an Executive Decision and went with Coby, partially because he's a geek (humans are lame), and partially because he already has a history and a lineage and all that.  Anyway, maybe we'll get back to him, and maybe we won't.  Time will tell.

Skull Mob:

Skull Mob 6-23.

Speaking of Executive Decisions, I had Boolah write-in the top panel because I wanted to have a few Vermin Angels escape, and because I like leaving my own little Plot Threads for later.  Other than that, creepy Dendull face!  Creepy Dendull Face!!

HFSAC:

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club 24-23.

I got a thing for Campy Nonsense in my comics every so often, so even though Null Vizor is a pretty serious Bad Guy, I couldn't help myself from giving him a Cheezy "Curse You" type of line before he left.  Anyway, the big difference between SDF and HFSAC (besides characters, art style, and scope) is that SDF is a down to Earth book, while HFSAC has a more spiritual angle.  When people died in SDF and Skull Mob, they died.  They were gone.  Poor Octopus Jones never got a chance to say goodbye to Cheryl.  She was just gone.  That's the way it goes in real life (not that SDF is a mirror for real life in any possible way, but it's more realistic than HFSAC).  It's sad, and it's hard, and it sucks.  But HFSAC is a Cosmic Comic, and, to me, Cosmic implies a level of Spirituality (otherwise, it's just Sci-Fi).  So, when people die in HFSAC, you can have their Spirits return to provide a level of comfort to those left behind.  We saw it in Issue 23, and here in Issue 24 we have the brief return of Electric Cherry's Mother, the Dawn Phoenix.  I thought it was a nice little way to end the comic.



No comments:

Post a Comment