Monday, February 9, 2015

Saying Goodbye, Desperate Rescue, and Behold Our POWER

Alrighty.  The Epilogues will all wrap up this week, and then I'm taking a week off to rest and maybe get a little ahead on my work.  After my break is over we'll be starting the Next Era with The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club v.2 #0 and SDF v.2 #0 (which was Boolah's 24 Hour Comic, even though it's 8 Pages...so, I guess it was an 8 Hour Comic).  Anyway, let's do our thing.

SDF:

SDF 10-21.

I added the lines in the middle panel, because I felt that Doc Brummer was probably feeling just as guilty about Cheryl's death as Jonar was.  Other than that, the color thing is something I've experimented with before, although it's typically a trick I use with Cactus Joe when he's heartbroken or miserable or whatever.  It actually works better with Octopus Jones because he's got full body color.

Skull Mob:

Skull Mob 6-21.

I like that in Panel 2 Boolah had Alice do her old "Talking with Pictures" gimmick.  Very cute.  Other than that, despite Alice's heroic efforts, she's actually put herself into a very dangerous position, because Dr. Dendull wants to absorb her more than anything.  As one of the two Locaii, absorbing Alice is one of Dendull's goals in his quest to rewrite the Universe in his own image.

HFSAC:

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club #24-21.

I didn't have a lot of comic space left to show off the newly powered members of HFSAC could do, especially with 12 Members.  So in this page (and the next) I did what I could.  The Clown's Energy Blasts are more potent.  Electric Cherry's Lightning Sword is juiced up, and we get to see her new Thunder Shield for the first time.  Pengy no longer has the old "Phoenix Aura", but now has a Butterfly Aura, so that's new.  Tea Cup uses his Machino Power to create a Missile Launcher out of his shoulder.  I almost feel sorry for the Nullaphons.  Almost.



No comments:

Post a Comment