Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Sudden Departure, Thoughts of Regret, and Titanfall

Let's Get on with it, shall we?

SDF:

SDF 10-19.

First off, apologies to Boolah.  I cut some of his dialogue and scenes from this page because I needed to add some stuff, and this was as good a place as any for it.  I wanted to show a connection between Queen Shal-ra and the Old School Heroes (Secret Soldier, King Dark, Doom Eagle, and Death Moth), and that she used to be known as Diva.  I also wanted to give Arrowhead a little moment to mourn the loss of his pupil, Arrowhead II.  Panel 4 and onward is back to Boolah's dialogue, so I didn't horn in for too long.

One of the problems we ran into with the Bad Rapture wrap up was what to do with King Dark.  King Dark wasn't even originally supposed to be in Bad Rapture at all.  He just kinda ended up in the story.  I didn't wanna kill him off, considering he's one of my oldest characters, but neither me nor Boolah had any plans for the guy after Bad Rapture either.  Eventually, we came up with the idea for the Verdant Kingdom Exodus, and Boolah suggested we send King Dark off with the Verdant Kingdom.  I immediately liked the idea, so that's how we ended up with this scene.

Skull Mob:

Skull Mob 6-19.

It was Boolah's idea to have a page full of Flashbacks, but he left the writing up to me, so I basically loaded the page with a mix of relationships and failures.  There's Jack's relationship with his brother.   His bizarre relationship with his original nemesis, Peacock (who, coincidentally, the Moth managed to kill this very issue).  There's the beginning of Jack's war with Dr. Dendull.  There's Bad Jack's short-lived (literally) relationship with Beelzebub Joan.  And his sorta-kinda-not-really relationship with Renee K-9.

Now, what is aliceislost doing here?

HFSAC:

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club 24-19.

A few pages ago I posed the question "How do you fight an enemy that's the size of a skyscraper?"  Well, the answer is, you get 12 Cosmic Heroes to dive into a Wellspring of Pure Cosmic Energy so that they temporarily become a Living Sun and then Vaporize the Armageddeon Titan with a Wave of Pure Energy.

Simple, really.



No comments:

Post a Comment