Thursday, February 19, 2015

Snow Day Fun

As most of you know, I work in a Sawmill for my day job.  It is an outdoor job, and right now it is in the Negative Digits, temperature-wise.  So, we ain't been working much this week.  Which means I've gotten time at home to work on, well, everything.  Here's what I've been up to...

First off, we've got a new comic in the Online Store:

SDF #10 is now available in the Online Store at http://www.torcpress.com/store/.  It's $4.00 plus $1.50 S&H for 25 Pages of Story in Full Color.  It was Written by Scott Bayler and drawn by Me.  It's the full fledged Epilogue to the Bad Rapture Epic.  The Heroes mourn the Fallen, and prepare to go their separate ways.  It's also the Final Issue of SDF Vol. 1, and the bridge to SDF Vol. 2 (starting soon). 

That's not all I've been up to.  Winter always slows me down, and one of the things I've been slacking on is the Patreon Site.  If for some reason you haven't heard me Rant about the Patreon, here's a refresher course.  Patreon is a site where people can Patronize their favorite creators.  A Patron can use Patreon to donate whatever amount they want to a creator on a monthly basis.  It's a cool thing, and it actually works.  I've only got three Patron on Patreon, but the money from Patreon paid for a table at a Convention next month.  For a small time operator like me, that's a one less thing I've gotta take out of my budget each month.  And that's handy.  So, a big thank you go out to my Patrons for all the support.

Anyway, the folks that dig my work support me in lots of cool ways, and the Patreon site isn't necessarily necessary as a way to support TORC Press.  Having said that, you do get cool stuff if you donate to TORC Press on Patreon.  If you donate a Dollar a Month (a measly $12 a year), you get to read a bunch of comics that are Exclusive to Patreon.  I've been kinda slacking on those lately, but I'm getting my Mojo going again.  Anyway, there's quite a few of my "Lost" Comics I'm trying to solicit online, and the only way you can read them is on the Patreon (well, eventually, they'll be in Print, but y'know).  These include:

SDF: Cyclopean-  This old "Lost" comic from the original One Shot SDF Series features Cactus Joe and Voodoo Dolly (not long before she betrayed him) in a desperate struggle with the demonic Old One Eye and his deadly trap.

Cosmic Love #5-  The Unpublished Conclusion to the Cosmic Love series, I've barely started soliciting this one.  This story is about our heroes continuing their search for OMNICHRONUS, and fills in some o the blanks leading up to the current Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club series.

Clown & Penguin #0-  Probably the most pivotal Lost story of the bunch, this story features the Clown coming face to face for the first time with the Lord of the Ortex Corporation, the dreaded Deathbringer.

Now, if you donate $5 to the Cause, you not only get to view all of those comics online, you also get an 8 Page Comic Every Month.  Thanks to the Snow Day, I just finished the 4th Comic in this little series.  Here's the rundown on the 4 Issues of "The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club Adventure Comix" (BEST COMIC TITLE EVER) that I've completed to date:

The Series also serves as a Lead-in to The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club #24, and introduces the 6 New Members of HFSAC. 

HFSACAC #1 (Mei thinks it's funny when I call it HFSACAC) features a newly designed Jester Kidd and a completely redesigned Cosmic Fool doing battle with an Ortex Monster.  I know, pretty simple, but, hey, I've only got 8 Pages to work with.

HFSACAC #2 features one of the oldest TORC Press characters, Mr. Halloween (aka Sheriff Halloween or Halloween M@n), newly resurrected from the Dead, fighting side by side with one of the newest TORC Press characters, Shiv the Kharmic Scales of Judgement.  They fight monsters with Boxes for Heads.  Also, there's a Taco Dance Party.

HFSACAC #3 once again features Mister Halloween as he goes in search of an Omnichronian Cocoon which contains a brand new member of the Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club.  Unfortunately, the dreaded Nullaphons arrive to make sure that this new member never emerges from his Cosmic Cocoon.  Also, I really like the Cover.

Lastly, HFSACAC #4 features Jester Kidd, Shiv, and the last new member of HFSAC, Phantasmo Rex doing battle with a giant Ortex genetically-engineered Worm that eats anything in its path.  I really like the cover on this one as well.  It's super cool.

Lastly, as I've mentioned before, it's my Birthday month, and I always try to do something cool during my Birthday Month.  With the extra time on my hands, I've worked up a Cool little piece of Artwork:

This piece features the Entire 12 Person HFSAC Line-up in all of their Colorful New Outfits, flanked by Mighty Lord OMNICHRONUS.  You can buy this piece in Poster Form over on my Etsy Store at https://www.etsy.com/listing/223283282/hot-fudge-sundae-adventure-club-team for $10 plus $1.50 S&H, and you get one of the above comics with it.  But, since it's my Birthday Month, I'm gonna be giving away some of these (in a smaller, easier to ship format) away for free as well.  SO, If you order anything from my Online Store from now until the end of March, you'll get a 7 X 11 (or whatever a standard size sheet of paper is) version of this Group Shot with your order.  In additional addition, if you're a Patreon subscriber who contributes $5 or more a Month, you will receive this Print with your Patreon Package.  And don't worry, if you have recently ordered something from my Online Store (hey Steven!) I'll be sending you a copy of this piece along with a copy of HFSACAC #4 as a show of my gratitude for your support.  And if I've already sent out your Patreon Pack for the Month (hey Tate!), I'll include a copy of the piece with your March Packet.

Support TORC Press.  Get cool art.  Simple as that.






No comments:

Post a Comment