Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Vanished, the Infected, and the Lover Boy

It's Wednesday, kids.  Well, I'm typing this Tuesday night, but whatever.  Stupid headache.  Let's roll.

SDF:

SDF #10-7

If you look closely in the crowd at the funeral, you'll see Colby Cane (the orphaned son of Candy Cane and Zombie Chick, who both died in the Candy Colored War I yammered about yesterday), Tommy Hawk (another one of the Community's orphans), and Arrowhead I (the mentor of Arrowhead II (who is "buried" in this very funeral), who, in his superhero days was teammates with Secret Soldier, King Dark, and Death Moth/Gold Hawk (all of whom are also in the panel)).  Other than that, we say goodbye to the Mystery Man.  Will we see him again?  Dunno.  It's Boolah's character, so it's Boolah's call.

Skull Mob:

Skull Mob 6 Page 7.

If you've been reading TORC Press comics for awhile, you probably know where this scene is going, and you probably know what (or, more accurately, who) is infecting the Vermin Angels.  So I won't bore you with my statement of the obvious nonsense.  What I would like to say is that now that Skull Mob is about to pass away into the mists of time, I'm gonna miss the art style.  This rabid, senseless, scribbledeegook... I like it.  It's fun, and it's nice to draw like I don't give a crap.  Whatevs.

HFSAC:

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club #24 Page 7.

If anybody remembers "SDF: Pulp" (hahahahaaha!  I like when I write like people reading this have some sort of intimate knowledge of my comics.  Ha!  As if anyone's reading this nonsense to begin with), I had a character named Cosmico Rex, who was this Space-CheshireCat-Man guy.  My original plan for SDF: Pulp was to introduce a Donald and a Goofy to complement my Mickey (Cactus Joe the Clown, duh).  Bad Jack was the Donald (he finally achieved his destiny when he was reborn as the Death Moth), while Cosmico Rex was supposed to be the Goofy.  He never really worked out, and died during the Candy Colored War (that stinking thing again).  Poor Rex's head can be seen on the wall of Jack DuPre's office in "Pulp Horrorshow" v. 3 #2.  Cosmico Rex didn't get a lot of screen time, but what little time he got he was portrayed as something of a loverboy, and a bit of a perv (which, incidentally, was pretty fun to write).  Phantasmo Rex, who, surprise, is Cosmico's brother, is also something of a loverboy.  He's just not all that smooth or smart about it.  Which is fun in its own right.  Side note:  You know what I love about comics?  Everything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment