Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Funeral, the VIOLENCE, and the Reunion

Let's Roll.

SDF:

SDF #10 Page 6.

The last time a lot of my characters died, it all happened off panel and off page.  The Candy Colored War was never put into print, so we never really got to see everyone die.  Even if we had showed all of that, there never would have been a funeral or a memorial or anything, because there weren't really any survivors (technically, the only survivors were Darlene Munroe (who met her own Waterloo during Bad Rapture) and the Puzzelor (and there's no guarantee he actually survived.  The Puzzelor that died here may not be the same Puzzelor.  And did the Puzzelor really die in Bad Rapture?  Who knows?), and the bodies (what bodies there were) were all left on the rooftop of Ortex Tower.  And of course, it's not like Ortex was gonna show any respect for the bodies.  Heck, Jack DuPre put the severed heads of the leaders up on his office walls.  So, yeah, that was hard for me, and I didn't even do that story.  Bad Rapture was really hard for me.  Jeez it was hard.  I'm really glad I had some help to get me through.  I would have probably dropped the story halfway through without the backup.  Anyway, the only upside is that I get a chance to say goodbye to this little cast of characters, give em a simple little funeral and all.  I gotta admit, I'm saddest about Darlene Munroe, but Razorfish is a close second.  I know he didn't get a lot of screen time, and he wasn't that important or made much of an impact, but he's a character that's been with me a long while, and I'm sorry to see him go.

Skull Mob

Skull Mob #6 Page 6.

And now we go in the complete opposite direction.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Xipe Topec just got pincushioned!  What the What?!?!

And lastly, HFSAC:

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club #24 Page 6.

Remember when I was talking earlier about all the Geek Heroes that died during the never started/never published Candy Colored War?  Welp, Mr. Halloween was one of the more significant casualties of that particular conflict.  In fact, his old Pumpkin Head is actually hanging up on the wall of Jack DuPre's office.  Anyway, he's come back from the dead in a new form.  Again, you can see that story over on the Patreon.  Other than that, one of the reasons I created Shiv was that HFSAC needed another female character to keep Tei and Cherry company.  Not that I know how to write girl stuff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment