Saturday, October 24, 2015

TORCTOBER: Poll Results & Taking a Knee on the Game

Alrighty, the Polls have closed on the Next Project Poll.  I got a pretty good response, and I'd like to thank everyone that contributed.  I appreciate the Feedback.  As a result, I've decided to suspend "Cosmic Pulp" after the next Issue, and instead use my 8 Page Comic to pursue these ideas.  So, from January until June 2016 the monthly 8 Page Comic will be a Black & White comic where I will be introducing some of these new ideas and stories on a Tryout basis.  If you're a $5 or $10 Subscriber on PATREON, you'll be getting these comics Monthly next year.  I'll also be using these books as possible Submission Material for other Publishers.  Anyway, here's the Poll Results and the Order I'll be Publishing them:

January- FAIRY TALE.  Fairy Tale was tied for the most votes, and also got the most votes earliest, so it will come out first.  I'm currently planning on doing an adaptation of one Grimm's Fairy Tales (preferably one that hasn't been used a lot by other groups).  I'm leaning towards "Snow White & Rose Red", but there's a couple of others I might use instead. 

February- HORROR.  Horror got the same amount of votes as Fairy Tale, but the votes came in later, so it goes second.  Originally I was going to do a story that was a mash-up of an 80s Slasher Movie with H.P. Lovecraft, but I've been watching "Hannibal" lately, so I may try to shoehorn something along that vein into the story as well.  Of course, I have to remember I only have 8 Pages to work with.  Can't get too ambitious.

March-  BIZARRE.  Ah, my Wheelhouse.  "Fear and Loathing" meets "Naked Lunch".

April- SCI-FI.  Thanks to Mei's Double Vote, Sci-fi got bumped up to fourth place.  The idea I'm toying with is the concept of a Space based Society where the Physical Body is no longer necessary and only serves as a Fashion Accessory.

May-  FANTASY.  A fun homage to Dungeons & Dragons style Dungeon Crawls, starring a character I found in an obscure Grimm's Fairy Tale called "Bearskin".  I'm looking forward to this one, presuming I can remember all of this that far away.

June-  PIRATE.  Sadly, Pirate brings up the rear (sorry Steven).  I'm thinking about creating a story themed around the life and times of real life pirate Captain William Kidd.  Except with Giant Sea Serpents and Mystic Powers and absolutely no actual knowledge of sea stuff.  Or how to draw Pirate Ships.

Other than that, the second week into the Game, and I'm already running behind.  That's what I get for being too ambitious with my scoring.  Anyway, I'm down 5 Points, and I'm gonna be pretty busy today, so I'm not liking my odds.  Ce la vie.  Can't win em all.

Oh!  The story that I started in "Cosmic Pulp" will be continued in a full length series that I will use to give me an occasional breather from HFSAC.  I'm very excited about the Alternate Pantheon I've introduced, and I'm curious to see how the War for Saturn will turn out.

Right.  Links:

http://www.torcpress.com/
http://www.torcpress.com/store/
https://www.patreon.com/torcpress?ty=h

No comments:

Post a Comment