Friday, May 1, 2015

The Mission Begins

It's SDF time!  As usual, today's page is written by Scott "Boolah" Bayler, and we'll run his commentary track in a moment.  But before that, let me just say a couple of quick notes.  Say?  Type?  Eh, whatever.  On with the show.

SDF v2 #1 Page 6.

Joseph Notes:  Y'know, that's not the suckiest drawings of a Helicopter, a Tank, and a Jeep of all time.  I mean, I know they're not great, but considering I suck at drawing vehicles, it's not bad.  Also, you'll note that I actually drew a variety of Ortex Soldiers for a change.  A few of those guys are wearing the outfits that Boolah designed in "SDF" #0.  It's a pretty neat design.  I like the Diamond Logo on top of the helmet.

Anyway, let's see what Boolah's got to say:

Damn, that stronghold looks tough to crack. That's commonplace on Ortex Earth though. When I wrote this page I wondered what the reaction would be when I scripted tanks and helicopters (JEM: I believe my reaction was, "Holy crap, how am I gonna draw tanks and helicopters?"  Then I drew a Jeep just for the heck of it.). Like I said on previous pages, I'm not looking at the final art pages.

Mango Habenero better be awful sneaky breaking into there.



No comments:

Post a Comment