Thursday, May 7, 2015

Survival

It's time for the last Suite in our Wildcard deck:

HFSAC Wildcard: Deuce of Hearts (Jovio's Story) Page 2.

As I've mentioned before, one of the things I like about the Wildcard Pages, is that they allow me to branch out and do some cool stuff that I wouldn't be able to do with the regular HFSAC book.  Which is why I like this page so much.  Typically, in the TORCverse, my Heroes tend to outfight, outbrawl, and outlast their enemies.  Jovio's just a blue-monkey-guy, so he's probably not gonna outfight anybody, let alone a Giant Bug Monster.  So, if Jovio's gonna survive, he's gotta outsmart the Giant Bug Monster.  Which he does.  It's pretty rare for one of my characters to outsmart an opponent, so this is a pretty neat page in that respect.  Having said that, it's worth mentioning that Jovio still has to work for his little victory.  There's a lot of running and jumping and climbing involved, and one mistake will spell doom for our new hero.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment