Thursday, May 7, 2015

Death Rays on Mercury

It's Thursday, so we have our actual Wildcard Page on Wildcard Week.  Crazy.

HFSAC Wildcard: Deuce of Diamonds (Z) Page 2.

Death Rays.  My obsession with Death Rays started the same way most of my obsessions start:  I was terrified of Death Rays as a child.  Yeah, I know.  Y'see, when you watch Star Wars, people get shot with Blasters, and it burns a little hole, and they drop dead.  Simple.  Easy.  Logical.  The Predator shoots some poor soldier with his shoulder cannon, and there's a bloody burning hole and he drops dead.  Simple.  Violent.  Gross.  Logical.  But that cheezy War of the Worlds movie I watched where the UFOs shoot Death Rays, and then the poor soldiers glow red for a second and then Poof! they're just gone.  Gone.  Like they never existed.  No body.  No funeral.  No nothing.  Creepy, right?  That kinda stuff freaked me out.  From Star Trek's Phasers to Darkseid's Omega Effect, the idea of being Erased from Existence has always given me the willies.

So, of course, I freaking love Death Rays.  I use em as often as I can nowadays.  I do feel bad for that poor Mercurian in Panel 3/5.  I hope he didn't have a family.

If you can't read the tiny text on the side of Panel 2, the guys flying the Squid-ships are from Uranus.  They are Uranian.  From Uranus.  Heh.

If you've read HFSAC #0 or Clown & Penguin #1-2 or Cosmic Love #2, then you know who the Emperor of Mercury is.  If you know who the Emperor is, then you should probably feel sorry for those three Uranians.  Things are about to go really bad for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment