Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Big Bang!

So, today, we have something a leetle different...

HFSAC "In the Beginning" Chapter 1 Page 1.

Sooooo, here's the dealio.  My goals are twofold when it comes to comix.  1) I want to create my own Universe (I goal which I have achieved for quite some time, and was fully cemented with Bad Rapture) and 2) I currently want to create a Grand, Massive EPIC (that's right, something so epic, it has to be in ALL CAPS.  EPIC!!!!).  The problem is that I only have so much Time, Energy, and Money.  How do I tell my EPIC with all of the strange Planets and Environments, and Hundreds of Characters and Events and Everything Else when I've only got a 24 Page Book and a Supplemental 8 Page Book?  And then, in a Flash, it came to me.  Back Up Stories.  Back Up Stories are the Key.  For you see, I have realized that the title THE HOT FUDGE SUNDAE ADVENTURE CLUB isn't just the title of the book or the name of the group of Main characters.  Oh no.  It is the TITLE of the EPIC.  So even though our Hot Fudge Heroes are our Luke and Han and Chewie and Leia (is that how you spell her name?) and are the stars of the EPIC, we've also got Vader and the Emperor and Boba Fett and Greedo and IG-88 and Pig-Men and Ewoks and everything else floating around out there waiting for their stories to be told as well, y'know?  So, that's where these Back-up stories come in.  You'll be seeing more of these.

Now, to actually introduce this story.  This story is called "IN THE BEGINNING", and it is the Origin of the TORCverse.  Yep, I'm finally getting around to doing my Creation Myth.  I've been reading a lot of Creation Myths lately (if you get a chance, check out "Forming" by Jesse Moynihan.  It's Killer), and I thought it was time to finally do one of my own.

As most of you know, I was raised Baptist, and I still believe in God.  Nowadays what I don't believe in is Religion.  I don't like it, and I don't like what it does to people.  I'm not sure what I actually believe about God nowadays.  I find the old belief system that "He Loves Us with All His Heart, but He'll Send Us to Hell Cause We Deserve It" to be moronic nonsense.  The God of the Bible doesn't make a lick of sense to me anymore, which is ironic considering how many years I spent trying to rationalize all of it.  I feel God exists, and I HOPE he's on our side.  But mostly I feel he's kind of indifferent to us one way or the other.  I think maybe he's just the thing that set all of this in motion.  Or something.  I dunno.

Anyway, with this opening page I get to have my Cake and Eat It Too (another moronic concept... of course I'm gonna have my cake and eat it too.  What am I gonna do?  Stare at my cake and not eat it?), as this opening Page combines the concepts of God and the Big Bang Theory into a single idea.  I mean why not?  If I was God and I was floating alone in nothingness, I'd wanna create something to make my life more interesting.  And I'd start it with a BANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment