Friday, March 6, 2015

Concluding the Zero Issues

Welp, this will wrap up the Zero Issues.  I'm taking a week long break after this, and then I'm not sure what I'm up to after that.  I'm still trying to decide how to approach my schedule after this, or even if I want to continue to adhere to a schedule at all.  I dunno.  I'm still trying to work this whole thing out, and it doesn't help that winter will never end, and I'm completely wore out.  Bleh.  Moving on.

HFSAC:

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club v.2 #0-10.  Concluding Page.

Heh.  Taco Party.  When I was talking to Boolah about HFSAC volume 2, I talked about the whole Epic War with Ortex, and Boolah was like, "So, no more stories about searching for Chile Peppers or stuff like that?"  Yeeeeeah.  Future issues of HFSAC will potentially be Dark, Sad, Tense, Violent, Serious, and Strange.  But this is HFSAC, and there's always gonna be some Silly floating around in there.  There's always gonna be Tacos and Dancing and Singing and Dumb Utterly Pointless Moments, no matter how big and Epic things get.

Other than that, I think Phantasmo Rex, Mister Halloween, and Pengy Penguin are dancing the Thriller.  Also, it's really hard to draw Sphynx enjoying himself.  Also, also how old is that Boom Box?

SDF time.  What's going down Boolah?

SDF v.2 #0-10

Ah, the last page of the book. Normally people do 24 pages in 24 hours at these events. Being my first time and changing plans 5 minutes into it, I came away with 10 pages of one book, seven pages on another book for Joseph, one double spread poster that I doubt will be used and 14 pages of dialouge for another book (which was Bad Rapture Omega I believe.)

It was fun, but I doubt I'll draw another full fledged book for some time. (maybe the next 24 hr comic day?) The end result wasn't as pants-poopingly awful as what I thought it would be with all the coloring though. That being said, Aliceislost starts to look like the girl from Doom Patrol after awhile in my panels.

This page sets up the definitive team going forward. The whole idea of this book was ten pages to dip your toe in the waters of SDF; I think it may be sold for a dollar (actually $2.  Color is expensive.  JEM) at conventions. Maybe on down the line people will see more original Boolah artwork. We will see.



No comments:

Post a Comment