Thursday, November 21, 2013

Skull Mob 3-3

The Second Half of Our Double Page Spread:

Skull Mob.  Issue 3.  Page 3.  www.torcpress.com

I was reading a column online the other day where the writer was lamenting the scarcity of double page spreads in comics nowadays, cause double page spreads don't translate into digital comics, and since most comics are also packaged digitally nowadays, the double page spread is a rare and dying breed.  I'm pretty sure I pointed out a few months back that the double pager is the only tool that the traditional Print Comic has in its arsenal that Digital/Online comics can't faithfully reproduce.  I mean, this page looks swell here, but it will look 1000 times better when it's combined with Page 2 in the Print Edition.  It's that Epic, Sweeping Widescreen approach to storytelling that brings to mind the glory days of 70s Kirby that I love.  That's why I incorporate so many Doubles nowadays.  Plus, with a scene like this, it's reminiscent of the Video Game and Warhammer 40K scenes I would draw as a kid.  Those were fun.  These are funner, cause they're for realsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment