Tuesday, November 26, 2013

HFSAC 20-10

Today's Webcomic:

The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club.  Issue 20.  Page 10.  www.torcpress.com

I remember when I was writing the script for this issue that it was around this page that I became dissatisfied with this story.  (Yeah, I'm actually writing a full script for HFSAC.  Who knew?)  At the script stage, there's no art yet, so by this point, I'm over halfway through with the story, and all I've got are a bunch of 9 panel pages with too much dialogue, and a bunch of slow establishing shots.  So, here we are on Page 10, and it's just a Temple fading into 3D Space and our heroes walking and I wanna rip my hair out (which I can do now since I have hair) and call myself Brian Michael Bendis and award myself the BMB Boring Comics Award.

But, after doing the artwork for this issue, with all the pretty landscapes and environments, and the bright, lush colors, and some of the fun stuff that happens early on, I'm pretty happy with this comic so far.

Having said that, this page is still boring.

Having said that, next Monday's page is killer.  Because there is no way I'm gonna pull a Bendis and have absolutely nothing happen for 16 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment