Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Definition of Insanity

"You're going to drive yourself crazy with this, aren't you?" Mei said.  There wasn't judgement in her voice, just a weary knowledge of who I am, and how I operate.

"No.  It'll be fine.  I can handle it," I replied in that voice I use when I try to sound nonchalant and confident at the same time.

Sigh.

This whole "TORC PRESS COMIX!" thing was a mistake.  And it's the same mistake I make over and over and over again.  The root of the problem is my Sawmill Job, and yet time and time again I do the same things, trying so hard to create some crazy new thing to get attention, to try to break through, to provoke a response...

Sigh.

I never learn.  This was too much.  It's all too much.  I work 45 Hard Fought Hours Every Week, and I spend my weekends on the road.  I have to change my way of thinking, or I really am gonna end up working as a Janitor somewhere (no offense to any Janitors out there reading this... but if you know me, Janitorial work would probably be my personal Hell).  The focus has to be on either making it in comics somehow or finding some sort of job I can enjoy.  The focus has to be on submission work, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, I know it's pathetic that I'm closing up shop on TORC PRESS COMIX after a week, but I can't be focused on a Graphic Novel that only makes sense to me.  I might still be running Quixote Coyote strips on and off.  We'll just have to wait and see on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment