Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wish I Could Sleep In

Today's Quixote Coyote:

Like I said, the next few strips are transitional, so I decided to use them to introduce a new character or two to the strip.  Today's strip introduces Wanda Wolf.  Obviously, she's supposed to be Minnie Mouse to Quixote Coyote's Mickey, but unlike those two, she isn't from the same species, and doesn't have the same (confusing) last name.  There was a Robot Chicken Skit that lampooned the whole Mickey/Minnie Relationship that always stuck with me.  I rarely do that many preliminary sketches of a character, and in the case of Wanda, I did no preliminary sketches leading up to her introduction.  The first time I drew her on this page, her head was round and smooth.  Unfortunately, that made her look like, well, a Mouse, or like one of the Weasel Brothers.  So I added the little ridges around the sides of her head to give her a little more of a Wolf-like look, and she also has a wolf nose.  All of which helps to further physically differentiate her from Quixote.

Oh!  On the Good News (?) Front, I've got the other two Quixote Coyote strips for the week ready, so the strip will continue through the week.  Huzzah!

OH!  Also, I'll have something on Black Friday.  It's gonna be something new I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment