Saturday, December 11, 2010

New MONSTER KING and HFSAC 9 Hype

Heyo, it's Saturday, so that be MONSTER KING day! Head on over to www.torcpress.com/monsterking.html or just start at Page 21 at www.torcpress.com/mk9.html. This week we've got a Giant Spider. What else do you need? It's a GIANT SPIDER! The world needs more Giant Spiders in it, damnit!

Also, if you didn't know, we've got a brand new book all ready to go in the Online Store. It's the 9th Kickin' Issue of "The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club". You can acquire it at www.torcpress.com/store.html or view a Freebie Preview over at www.torcpress.com/hfsacprev.html.

It's Saturday, I'm in my PJs, I've got nowhere to go for a few hours, I've got plenty of time to work on today's pages, so let's talk the new issue of HFSAC, shall we? This is one of those stories that started as something else and evolved into this. That made no sense. Basically, back when I started SDF, I devised a Team Book consisting of a group of characters from SDF. In the first story arc, they fought Dr. Dendull (oh, Dendull, how little I've gotten to use you...), and in the second arc they get whisked off to this bizarre version of Egypt and have an adventure involving a Lost Pyramid. Unfortunately, because SDF was such an uphill battle (48 Page Comics are a lot harder to make than you think they are), my little kick ass JLA wannabe Team Book kept getting pushed back farther and farther and farther, until, eventually, there was no SDF and one of the characters went away and I had a handful of neato little stories that never happened. In the meantime, I had a few of my trademark breakdowns, stuff got shuffled around, blahblahblah, and in the midst of that chaos the incredible awesomeness that is The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club was born. So, I started putting the puzzle pieces of the book together, and I remembered the little Pyramid story, and I was like, hey! That'll work just fine in this new book.

In truth, the Pyramid arc barely starts in this issue. A lot of what I had dreamed up for that arc really starts in Issue 10. In this issue there's a lot of stuff that I needed to wrap up before I could move on to the Pyramid. For starters, after Issue 8 we kinda left poor Agent "?" hanging in the lurch. So we had to reintroduce her right off the bat. Then we had to deal with that whole Cactus Joe/Agent "?" thingie that was gonna go one way and then it went another way because I never know what's gonna happen. Then, there's this thing with El Exclamation Point! that comes out nowhere, and it's kinda pivotal. And Hassan i Phantom (from MONSTER KING, no less) pops up out of nowhere (there's a lot of out of nowhere in this issue, really).

And there's Dolphin Bees.

So, yeah, it's a cool issue, and the start of a new three issue story arc. Tag along. It'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment