Wednesday, March 9, 2016

SuperWorld (Working Title)

We are up to our 5th World in Seven Worlds Week.  I'm calling this world SuperWorld because, quite frankly, I just don't have a better name for it yet.  SuperWorld sounds cool, but it also sounds like something DC would have a Trademark on.  Anyway, here's today's page:

Alright, honesty time folks.  SuperWorld is the least developed of all the Worlds I dreamed up last week.  It was the last one I created, and it's the one I see the least clearly.  It does feature SOL, I know that much.

I created SOL a few years back.  He's a Sun God from a Forgotten Pantheon.  Originally, he looked like a giant Beetle.  He was originally conceived to be a rough combination of Superman, Thor, and any Russian character created by Garth Ennis (I'm not sure why I wrote him like he was Russian.  Made sense to me at the time).  I always liked SOL's exuberant character, but I never quite liked drawing him.  I never could get his color scheme right either.  As a result, SOL sort of disappeared after Bad Rapture.

When I decided to play around with this whole Seven Worlds thing, I thought it might be interesting to give SOL his own world.  Much like AliceIsLost, SOL never quite fit in the world of HFSAC.  SOL's personality and his massive power level make him a very dominant character.  But in TORCWorld Prime, he was definitively stuck at #6 or lower.  By throwing SOL into his own world, though, he is free to dominate the scene as much as he wants.  I gave SOL a bit of a redesign.  I got rid of the Beetle-esque elements, but kept the ridiculous giant moustache and the head-frill (which I expanded to wrap around the entire face, creating a silly, sun-like look).  I decided that since since SOL is a Sun God (which he remains in this World), that I would give SOL a Golden, Armor-like body.

I see SuperWorld as something of a spiritual relative to my old series Gulatta.  In essence, the series is much closer to a traditional Superhero comic than anything featured in the other worlds.  Even then, this is still the TORCverse, so you might notice the two "Police Officers" in the last panel look like robots, or at least men in robot armor.

Of course, for all of this Rambling, the truth is that I really just wanted to draw a dinosaur getting his teeth knocked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment