Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Quixote and Conventions

Here's a Random Quixote Coyote strip:





Welp, things are gonna be crazy for awhile.   I had this strip worked up earlier in the week, but I've been on pins and needles making phone calls and moving puzzle pieces, so I've been a little distracted.  I'll be doing some work here and there until the end of March, and then TORC Press will be on break for... well, pretty much the whole month of April.  I will be at SPACE, but that will be about it for awhile.

Speaking of SPACE, here's my Convention Schedule for the remainder of the year.  I'm mostly sticking to smaller, local shows where the tables are inexpensive or, in some cases, free.  Anyway, here's the rundown:

SPACE-- April 9-19-- Columbus, OH-- The Small Press Alternative Comics Expo is my favorite show of the year.  It's pure comics, which means I don't gotta bring around my crappy Sell-Out Portfolio.  Instead, I can push my comics that I love, and people will actually be receptive to them.  I love that.  Totally worth the six hour drive.

Free Comic Book Day at Comic Quest-- May 7-- Evansville, IN--  The Best Darn Comic Shop on the Planet hosts the Best Darn Free Comic Book Day on the Planet as well.  It's a great show, and I always have a great time.  As an added bonus, the people are surprisingly receptive to Small Press Comics (although I'll be bringing my crappy Sell-Out Portfolio with me).  If you are within driving distance, this show couldn't be more recommended.

CIL-Con-- August 19-21-- Mattoon, IL--  So, in theory, by the time this show happens, I will actually be living in Mattoon, so this show will actually be in my backyard.  After years of driving at least 2 hours (or more) to every single show I go to, it will be very cool to just travel across town to work a show.  Very cool indeed.  Anyway, this will be a bit of an interesting show, because it's a Paranormal Convention, as well as a Pop Culture/Comic Con.  So that's interesting.  I'll be curious to see how things turn out.  I'll need to beef up the crappy Sell-Out Portfolio for this one (Groan), probably add some (Groan) Batman or Spiderman or whatever.  It would really cool if there's a market for Small Press Comics at this show, but better safe than sorry.

Crawford County Comicon-- September 24-- Robinson, IL-- My friend and comics-comrade-in-arms, Micheal Kassinger is hosting this show, which is not too far from me.  There was a similar Con last year that was a pretty decent little show, so this should be fun.  I will definitely need some decent prints in the crappy Sell-Out Portfolio for this show though.  Art definitely sells better than Small Press Comics at this show.

NobleCon--  October 14-16--  Ironically, this show used to be in my backyard, but after I move it will be an hour away.  Ha!  Anyway, my good friends Deb and Dan Longoria are putting on a show in Noble, IL of all places.  I think it will be a very Gaming heavy show, so that will be a bit different.  I'm looking forward to it, as I may try a few different things at the show.  I figure this show will definitely require me to have my Prints on Point.

Anyway, that's the schedule for the rest of my year as of now.


No comments:

Post a Comment