Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Skull Mob 3-6

Today's Webcomic:

Skull Mob.  Issue 3.  Page 6.  www.torcpress.com

Sooooo, yesterday's Blog Entry was a bit of a downer.  Discovering that Picturebox was cashing in its chips hit home for me in a way I didn't expect, and it kinda made me go on a bit of a Rant about how crummy a year this was for TORC Press Commercially/Financially.  There was concern expressed by a couple of parties over yesterday's Blog, so allow me to clear up a few things.

1) This has been the Best Year of My Life!  A lot of the credit goes to my darling Mei, who made this entire year amazing.  Having someone so incredible in my life changed the entire complexion of my year.  As an added bonus, my Brother got married (and the Wedding/Reception was AWESOME!), and I got the best sister-in-law a guy could ever hope for in Mary.  This has been an incredible year for me.

2)  Even though the reception to my work has been somewhat unfortunate, that doesn't mean that I'm dissappointed (how am I not spelling that right?) with the work I've been doing this year.  I've been producing some really killer comics that I'm very happy with.  There are pages of HFSAC that are among the best I've ever done ever.  I love the ugly pulpiness of Skull Mob.  And SDF finally came together with Issue 6.  I'm on a Roll, and I couldn't be happier with the work I'm doing.

3)  There are still people out there that support my work.  Even though people aren't as receptive to Independent work at Cons like they used to be, there's still those amazing people that seek out and love to try new Indy work.  And although I don't have a huge fanbase, I do actually have a fanbase.  I've got some of the best supporters a guy like me could hope for, and if I don't say it enough, let me say it now:  I greatly appreciate all the support I've gotten over the years from all the people who have read and enjoyed my books.  I humbly thank you.

Again, this has been the Best Year of My Life.  I'm gonna be greedy, and hope that next year is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment