Friday, December 27, 2013

SDF 7-9

Today's Webcomic:

SDF.  Issue 7.  Page 9.  www.torcpress.com

I've got a slight addendum to my "Other People's Comics" List from last week.  After picking up the last couple of issues of "Bravest Warriors", I feel like the series is rapidly running out of momentum.  I'm not sure what happened, but the Mad, but structured, and utterly fun Anarchy of the early issues has seemingly been lost of late.  Not sure how much longer I'm gonna stick around.

I also forgot to put "One Piece" on my list because One Piece only comes out in Trade Paperback every four to six months anymore, so it's not fresh in my brain.  That's one of the reasons why I avoid "Trade Waiting", because I like to be knee deep in the world that a comic creates, and to do that, I need it to be active, not passive.  "One Piece" is probably the Best Damn Comic in the World today (and still the top comic in Japan, despite the fact that the emo-"Attack on Titan" is gaining on it rapidly).  It's never quite caught on with American audiences (it's popular, but not Pokemon/YuGiOh/Naruto popular), and now that I only get to read it in bulk two or three times a year, it's lost some momentum with me.  But that doesn't mean the book is any weaker in the reading.  Every time I crack open a new One Piece trade it is an exciting, emotional and hilarious experience.  It's the only thing better than Brandon Graham and Tom Scioli.

No comments:

Post a Comment