Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Ideas Behind the Pages

I've slowly been getting over system shock from the 24 Hour Comic Challenge, so I haven't really had much time or energy to get on the ole blog and do some hypin'. Figure this morning's as good a time as any.

"The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club" #14-15 came from two places. First off, I missed aliceislost. I missed the character, I missed the environment that she lived in, and I missed the tone and feel of her world. I wanted to dabble in that a little again, and the Fudgeheads gave me the opportunity to do that a little. The story also developed a very weird, almost Biblical vibe, as our heroes are trying to steal an apple from a massive tree hidden behind a giant wall. Instead of a serpent offering them the apple, though, there's instead a giant serpent (er, dragon) trying to stop them. Oh, this is also another book where the Nefarious Dr. Dendull pops up and causes trouble. So that's just an added bonus.

The first four pages of "Monster King" 6 are about me dealing with my own feelings of depression, and my self destructive need to "give up". It's not the Clown's most heroic moment, and considering how I've been a rather loud advocate of heroism in comics, it seems like a pretty hypocritical set of pages. But they come from a real place. I have days where it feels like my Demons have me completed cornered and that there is No Hope, and that I might as well throw in the towel. The good news is, that I don't. I guess, maybe, this story is sorta my attempt at dealing with those issues.

I bought four boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. It's Thin Mint time!

No comments:

Post a Comment