Sunday, November 13, 2011

The 24 Hour Comic Book Challenge Results

The Game: Create, Write, and Draw a 24 Page Comic in 24 Consecutive Hours.

The Location: Comic Quest in Evansville, IN.

The Time: 11/12/11 starting at 10am and ending at 10am on 11/13/11

The Players: "The Unstoppable Comix Juggernaut" Joseph Morris and "The Crazy King" Clint Bassinger.

The Fuel: Lipton Green Tea with Citrus and as much chocolate as I could cram into a bag. Also, chips.

The Strategy: This year, I decided to write, pencil, and ink Each individual page before moving on to the next page. This means that, in theory, I would need to write, pencil, and ink a minimum of one page every hour in order to make the grade.

Page One- Completed at: 10:30am. Notes: First page in under an hour? Hell yeah. Next!
Page Two- Completed at: 11:07am. Notes: Page two in about 30 minutes? It takes longer to get a pizza. Fear my awesomeness.
Page Three- Completed at: 11:44am. Notes: Knocked out another page in less than an hour? Jeez, this is gonna be easy.
Page Four- Completed at: 12:49pm. Notes: Okay, it took me a little over an hour. Not bad. Still on schedule.
Page Five- Completed at: 2:18pm. Notes: Huh. Big time jump there. I think I took a food break. Pulled pork sandwich. Yummy. Need to pick up the pace a little.
Page Six- Completed at: 3:14pm. Notes: Back on track. One hour. Nice.
Page Seven- Completed at: 4:11pm. Notes: Keeping a good rhythm.
Page Eight- Completed at: 4:47pm. Notes: 30 minutes on the nose. Yeah baby!
Page Nine- Completed at: 5:34pm. Notes: Looks like I'm keeping a good stride. A little under an hour.
Page Ten- Completed at: 6:36pm. Notes: Another hour. Another page. Moving on.
Page Eleven- Completed at: 8:33pm. Notes: Suppertime! Pizza! Green Tea! More chocolate!
Page Twelve- Completed at: 9:01pm. Notes: Splash Page! Super fast! Super Easy! Cleared it in 30 minutes! Back on track.
Page Lucky Thirteen- Completed at: 10:07pm. Notes: Yep. Got my rhythm back, and I'm Over the Halfway Point with a Full Twelve Hours to go. Not bad.
Page Fourteen- Completed at: 11:08pm. Notes: Huh. Still staying consistent.
Page Fifteen- Completed at: 11:54pm. Notes: Splash Page #2! Under an hour! Also, this page is easily the most F****D page of the entire book. I award myself bonus points for how ridiculous this page is.
Page Sixteen- Completed at: 12:22am. Notes: Hey, it's the next day. About thirty minutes. No fatigue? Really? I'm up WAY past my bedtime here.
Page Seventeen- Completed at: 12:57am. Notes: Another page in about thirty minutes! What am I, Superhuman?
Page Eighteen- Completed at: 2:36am. Notes: Ooooooh. That's not good. Apparently I took a pretty big break here. Ironically, this is one of the crappiest looking pages in the book, despite the fact that it took longer.
Page Nineteen- Completed at: 3:44am. Notes: Another splash page. That saved me some time. Another really nice page. At 3am. That's odd.
Page Twenty- Completed at: 4:44am. Notes: Another hour. Another page. If memory serves, things were getting bad right about now. This page is sort of mixed. Half of it sucks. Half of it is awesome. Meh.
Page Twenty One- Completed at: 7:38am. Notes: If you would, please compare the time on Page Twenty One to the time on Page Twenty. THREE HOURS! Crap! Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you: THE WALL. Yep, I completely ran out of gas shortly after finishing page Twenty. So, I took a nap. Also, it's worth mentioning, that after I woke up (feeling much like humanoid manure), I decided to pencil all of the pages that I had left, and then go about inking them. You might notice that the pages are completed pretty fast and furious at this stage. Also, for reasons I can't fully explain, I totally HATE this page. Don't know why. It's not a bad page, in retrospect.
Page Twenty Two- Completed at: Um...Forgot to write it down. Whoops. Notes: Home stretch.
Page Twenty Three- Completed at: 8:02am. Notes: Another splash page, possibly finished within fifteen minutes of the last page. Also, I really like this page. I looks really good.
Page Twenty Four- Completed at: 8:18am. Notes: Hahahahahaha!!! Done! With TWO HOURS to Spare! Hahahahaha!!!!

Anyway, that was that. I left the shop, went back to my hotel, slept for five hours, showered, ate a Burger, and went home.

Oh yeah, Clint was still working when I left. He still had a TON of pages to ink. I wonder if he finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment