Monday, September 27, 2010

Y'okay. We're back from Nashville, safe and sound. First off, I'd like to thank everyone that came out and supported TORC Press. We appreciate it, big time. Secondly, I'd like to thank my cousin Katie for putting us up (and putting up with us) for a couple of nights. A free place to sleep certainly helps a lot. Also, we got to play with our nephew Jack, so good times all around.

We had a good, solid show. The Con was in a new venue, so there was really no telling how things were going to go, but Saturday went really well, and Sunday was good enough, so no complaints here. I'm noticing a continuing and disturbing trend at these shows though. There's fewer and fewer Small Press Creators at every show I go to. I'm beginning to believe that perhaps we're becoming an endangered species. I tell you one thing, when I finally go extinct, I'm gonna be like that damn T-Rex at the end of the second "Jurassic Park" movie. You'll see me smashing around a Con throwing comics at people and making horrible howling noises while overpaid actors try to load me onto a boat that will take me off to an island with all the other Small Press guys and gals.

Anyway, thanks to the show, I've got a possible line on a couple of other midwest shows (which I need to look into this evening). I also need to add some more content to the main site at www.torcpress.com. But, before I can do too much of anything, I need to get caught up on my deadline for the week, considering I was in Nashville on Sunday, I didn't have my usual Sunday to get ahead on my deadlines. So I'm already behind this week. Huzzah!

New book goes online on October 4th. I'm trying to decide which project to focus on this week. I'm gonna pick up work on HFSAC 9 when October starts. As usual, I have more ideas than I know what to do with. The endless joy and terror of being the Bizarre Human Comix Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment