Sunday, February 7, 2016

HFSAC Special Page 1 (of 5)

Alright Cats n' Kittens, it's my Birthday Week, so it's time for me to do some stuff.  So, after a bit of internal debate, I've decided to do a 5 Page HFSAC strip this week.  1 Page a day, for 5 days.  Because I'm me.  So, here we go with Page 1 of The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club Special:

So, if you've never experienced the unending joy that is The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club, then, well, you're like just about everyone else.  Anyway, if you're new to the comic, don't worry about it.  This story is completely stand alone, and is mostly just a crazy epic action romp.  There's been another one of my annoying Time Jumps, so this story takes place some time after HFSAC (v2) #6.  There's been some new additions to the Club, as Octopus Jones and the Death Moth have joined up, somehow.  At the very least, this has given me another opportunity to do my Mickey/Donald/Goofy trio of Cactus Joe, Death Moth, and Octopus Jones.  There's been a few other times where this trio has been together, namely TORC 100, TORC: AMIGOS, and the Bad Rapture Crossover.  I always get a kick out of how these three interact, with CJ serving as the straight man, Death Moth playing the Heavy, and Octopus Jones being the guy who is perpetually in over his head.  Pengy, of course, plays Pengy (to continue the metaphor, Pengy is kinda stuck in the Pluto role).  It's a great combo that I like working with.

You might also notice that Cactus Joe has a different, more streamlined design (kinda looks like he's wearing a spacesuit of sorts), and Death Moth has gotten a total makeover (Death Moth bears the distinction of being a TORC Press character who has survived long enough (well, been resurrected enough times) to get several redesigns).  I kind of miss the proboscis though, but I think the "teeth" work better.  Makes him more menacing.

Other than that, Reality Ruptures have been a fairly common occurrence in the TORCverse since... Volume 1 of HFSAC, maybe?  Usually, our Heroes end up getting drawn into a Reality Rupture, and crazy, crazy things happen.  This time, something horrible is using a Reality Rupture to cross dimensional boundaries.  The Founders have been hinted at a few times over the years, but this is the first time we've actually really seen one.  I've never really had the opportunity to really do much with these Cthulhu-esque Horrors, but with this little 5 Pager, I figured now was as good a time as any to let one loose.  Hopefully our Hot Fudge Heroes can handle it.

Anyway, Page 2 rolls out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment