Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Skull Mob 2-5 (Then & Now)

Today's Webcomic:

Skull Mob.  Issue 2.  Page 5.  www.torcpress.com

Pretty much everything you need to know about this page is on the NOTES section of the Page Entry on the main site.  So, instead, let's do a TORC Press: Then & Now in celebration of my 14 Year Anniversary.  Why Not?

THEN:  TORC Press was based out of my Parent's basement.  Which was a mess.

NOW:  TORC Press is based out of the studio in my house.  Which is a mess.

THEN:  The Comics were Black & White, and only a few of the early covers were in color.

NOW:  The Comics are all in color, and I'm currently experimenting on different methods of coloring.

THEN:  Cactus Joe was a bad ass, tough guy loner who was a chainsaw-wielding, revenge-seeking psyochopath.

NOW:  Cactus Joe is a more laid back, cosmically enlightened space being with a really, really big cosmic hammer.

THEN:  Pengy Penguin was just a throw away joke character in a back up strip in a comic that I ultimately didn't like.

NOW:  Pengy Penguin is an integral element to the Clown's stories.

THEN:  I would give copies of my comics away to my friends and family.

NOW:  I give copies of the comics to my friends and family, and usually they remember to give me some scratch.  I go to Comic Book Conventions and sell some books here and there.  Once or twice a year someone orders a comic online.

THEN:  I stayed up until 1 to 3 am early single night working on comics.

NOW:  I'm so fast nowadays that I'm in bed by 10, unless I wanna watch the Daily Show.

THEN:  No website.

NOW:  I've got a website, three regularly updating webcomics, a Tumblr, a Deviant Art thingie, a Blog, and a corporate Facebook page.

THEN:  My comics were made on a copy machine at a copy place that was a 2 hour drive away.

NOW:  My comics are made on a copy machine in my house.

THEN:  I loved making comics.

NOW:  I love making comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment