Saturday, October 5, 2013

SDF 6-4 (The Beautiful Madness of Joseph Morris)

Today's Webcomic:

SDF.  Issue 6.  Page 4.  www.torcpress.com

My greatest strength and my greatest weakness is that I don't stop having ideas.  As fast and as hard as I work, I can never, ever keep up with alla the ideas ricocheting around in my brain.  Awhile back, my girlfriend asked me if I really had enough story ideas to take all three of my webcomics to 100 Issues.  I responded that SDF might be a little iffy, but the other two will be easy.  I have so many ideas for HFSAC that I honestly think I can go way farther than 100.  And I've got entire Skull Mob sagas floating around, waiting for their chance to be brought to life.

And even then, the ideas won't stop.  14 years of tossing out ideas, and I haven't even scratched the surface.  Last week a random thought created an entirely new cast of characters.  Messing around on the Internet gave me an idea for a new book.  I keep telling myself to rein it in, slow it down, but I can't.  I just make comics, even when I can't physically keep up with all the crazy thoughts in my head.

If I had a Clone, first off, we would split up working at the Sawmill, then I would have my Clone build an entirely new comic Universe with three or four titles, then our Universes could have crossovers, and it would be awesome.

(Y'know, in that scenario, it was almost like my Clone was on remote control or something.  I don't think Clones work like that.  Also, if we're both sharing the same Day Job, then we're making the same paycheck, so how can I afford double the Art Suplies?  Hmmmm.  I haven't thought this completely impossible scenario out as thoroughly as I thought I did.)

What's the point of this?  I dunno.  I'm gonna go eat cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment