Monday, March 12, 2012

Cons, Death, and New SDF

First off, I would like to take a second to thank the handful of people that gave TORC Press a shot on Saturday at the Metropolis SuperCon. I appreciate the support and hope you enjoy the books.

Second off, I would like to take a moment to acknowledge the recent death of Moebius. Moebius was one of the most renowned and influential comic book artists to come out of Europe. He was always on my short list (along with Herge) of European artists whose work I needed to acquire more of, but never really got around to acquiring. Still, I was familiar with Moebius work. As a child I read his and Stan Lee's two issue "Silver Surfer" story, which even to this day remains one of the most jaw droppingly handsome Surfer comics of all time (somehow Moebius's use of texture made Galactus seem both impossibly ancient and impossibly powerful at the same time). Later as a teenager I read a couple of installments of the sexually charged "Madwoman of the Sacred Heart" in Dark Horse Presents. I still need a copy of "The Incal" (I almost bought it last year, but I was strapped for cash and the damn thing was too expensive). Anyway, I could ramble on, but the point is, Moebius was a primordial talent, and one that will be missed.

Third off, we've got a new webcomic up. SDF Page 10 is now available for viewing at: http://www.torcpress.com/sdf10.html. Yet another new supporting character is introduced, and the Iggy Iguana mini-strip concludes.

Fourth off, don't forget, we've still got a Contest going on. Whoever can guess the movie quote from Page 9 wins Free Art! Scroll down a Blog entry or two for details.

And lastly, our next Con is one of our favorites, namely SPACE in Columbus, OH on April 21-22. Details at http://www.backporchcomics.com/space.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment