Friday, December 23, 2011

Where TCTC 3 Came from

So, for those of you who don't know, the 22nd book I've published this year, "The Clown & Tea Cup Show" #3 is now available. You can head over to www.torcpress.com to score a copy. Here's a bit of a story on how that came about.

So, earlier this year, my Brutha Buzz put out a Killer new "Dr. Orphyus Project" album called "Death Jazz" (Free Plug: If you don'ts got a copy, head to http://www.thedrorphyusproject.com/ and score a copy. I command it!). One of the bestest tracks on this great album is called "Bud & Earl", which is a Project remake of the song "The Tale of Bud & Earl" from Bro's old days with his old band "Fustercluck". It was pretty much a given that I was gonna do a video for the song, so I did. I basically merged some thematic elements from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" (both the movie and the book) with elements from me and Bro's life and smashed it all together using my faux-Ralph Steadman art style. The end result was ultimately one of my favorite videos to date.

Anyway, I dug the video so much, that it occurred to me that I could do something of a cross over with it. As such, I took the basic plot elements of the video, changed the main characters from obvious stand-ins for me and Ryan to Cactus Joe and Broken Tea Cup (who, in turn, are obvious stand-ins for me and Ryan) and added a few extra elements to fill up the remaining space. The end result was pretty darn cool. There's all the usual TORC Press insanity, some brotherly bonding, and I even managed to sneak in some (possible) sneak peaks of what I might be up to next year.

Other than that, tomorrow we've got the end of MONSTER KING, as well as the release of the 23rd TORC Press comic of the year, Issue 6 of Monster King.

No comments:

Post a Comment