Saturday, December 3, 2011

New MONSTER KING and Old Hype and New Thoughts

"Enough Distractions! I WILL HAVE MY PRIZE!"

4 New Pages of MONSTER KING are up and running over at http://www.torcpress.com/mk9.html. This week we've got Pages 9-12, and we're hitting the climax of our sad little story. The Clown is broken, but Skull Mob Division 4 have managed to hold their own (sorta) against the Ortex Elite Squad. aliceislost has a brief (and very sad (something of a running theme)) confrontation with her "old friend" Voodoo Dolly. Also, it turns out that the Clown's allies may not be quite as dead as they appeared. Hope springs anew in the Darkest of times. Anyway, check that out.

Also, also, if you weren't aware, our Insane Comix Barrage has yielded quite a few new comix of late. Over at www.torcpress.com we've got the Print Editions of Monster King Issues 1-5 all available for sale. We've got a great new All Ages Comic in "Super Duper Fun Comix 2011 Edition". "The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club" is up to Issue 15. And on Monday we'll have "Cosmic Love" #4, which changes everything.

Meanwhile, if I haven't stated it before, Issue 6 is the final issue of Monster King. It's been an interesting experiment, and it's allowed me to move the story forward some (at least Issues 5-6), and it's yielded one of my all time favorite comix (Monster King #3), but it's also been stifling, and the webcomic format is so limited, and I really have no way of telling if anyone is ready it, because the only quantifiable way to gauge the success of the webcomic is with the sales of the Print Edition ONLINE. Sales which are, for all intents and purposes, nonexistent. Originally, I was going do a brand new webcomic next year, but the question I find myself asking is this: Why bother with a format I don't personally enjoy if it's not going to garner me additional sales and/or readership?

So, for the all of nobody reading this blog, I ask you this, and please feel free to respond either here or at my e-mail or on the Facebook: Are you reading the webcomic? If you are reading the webcomic, are you enjoying the webcomic? If you are reading and enjoying the webcomic, is there a reason why you're not purchasing the Print Editions, such as, "I'm waiting for the next time I see you at a Convention." or "I don't like ordering stuff online" or "I would, but your online store sucks" or "I would, but I'm broke, and Five Bucks is too expensive for my tastes." OR, "Why bother ordering online when I've already read the book online."

Anyway, long story short, if you've got any feedback at all out there in Computerland for me, please let me know.

Also, even if I don't have a new webcomic next year, I intend on having plenty of regularly updated online content available next year. I ain't going anywhere. I've just gotta find a method that works best for me AND my small readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment