Sunday, February 27, 2011

New MONSTER KING and a Mess o' Production Updates

"Aw, why not? It's not like you're ever wrong."

Well, I'm a day later than usual, but I've got me a new MONSTER KING up at www.torcpress.com/mk23.html. It's the last page of Issue 2, wrapping up the Clown and Pengy's rambling journey through the forest. For those of you that have a copy of Issue 11 of the Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club, this is the debut of the SMILE KING (before it got all cleaned up...). So there's that. And for those of you that don't have a copy yet, head over to www.torcpress.com/store.html and pick up a copy of Issue 11 so you can find out what happens with the Clown's strange forest find.

Other than that, I am less than a week away from my first convention of the year, STAPLE in Austin, TX. I'll be boarding the plane on Friday and returning on Monday. I'll be at the show both days. I'm not gonna hold my breath hoping anyone who reads this blog will be at the show, but if you are a fan, please stop by the table and say hi. I'll be working the show alone this year, so company will be appreciated.

Why will I be working alone? Welp, simple enough, my wing-man, Brother Buzz, will be off in EUROPE touring with his one man Band, the Dr. Orphyus Project. Yep, the Fabulous Morris Boys will be logging in some serious Air Time this next week. Over the last two weeks, Bro and I have worked on two new videos which will be performed during the European shows. These videos are for Bro's forthcoming 3rd album "Death Jazz". In addition, sometime in April (?), we'll have an announcement involving the videos from Bros' brilliant second album, "An Introvert". So stay tuned for that.

As for me, I've got some new stuff in as well, but I'm gonna wait until after I get back from STAPLE before I go announcing anything.

Production Updates:

HFSAC vol. 1 TPB: Copies came in this week. I'll put the book up for sale online after I'm back from STAPLE.

HFSAC 12: Work is completed. I've decided to postpone sending the book to the printers until after I'm back from STAPLE.

HFSAC 13: I'm gonna start on the script this week.

Monster King 2: I need to do the Cover, Inside Front Cover, Page 24, and Inside Back Cover. I plan on sending it to the Printers sometime this week, giving it a potential release date of late March/early April.

Monster King 3: Script is completed, and Pages 1-12 are done. That should give me enough material to make it to mid-April. Pencil and Ink work on the remaining pages will resume shortly.

Mystery Book 1 Issue 1: I have copies, and will debut the book at STAPLE. I will announce the book online after I get home.

Mystery Book 1 Issue 2: Interior work is complete. I'll wrap up the cover today. I will probably send the book to the printers in early April, which should give it an early May release date.

Mystery Book 1 Issue 3: I'm gonna start on the script soon.

Mystery Book 2 Issue 1: Should ship to me this week. I will debut the book at SPACE. I will announce the book online the first week of April (or somewhere around then...).

Mystery Book 2 Issue 2: Completed, but I'm not sending it to the Printers until Summer. I'm not sure if I'll do further issues of this one or not. We'll see how it sells, and we'll see if I can come up with more story ideas.

I've got an idea for how to revive an existing book that I've been having trouble with, and I've got an idea for another thing that I may or may not do.

I am the Bizarre Human Comix Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment