Wednesday, February 9, 2011

33

I'm 33 Years Old Today. Not a milestone birthday by any stretch of the imagination. Not even a moderately important birthday. It's really just another trip around the sun, really. Normally, this is where I'd do a long, rambly, introspective rant about my life and alla that, but I've already done a couple of those, one before Christmas and one right after New Years. So, there's no real reason to rehash all that nonsense. Instead, let's just talk about my goals for the year. That sounds good.

1) I'm going to publish 24 Comics in One Year, by myself-- I've already talked about this one, but it's worth reiterating since it is my primary goal. I'm not married. I've got no girlfriend. I don't date. I've got no kids. I'm not rich. I'm not successful. I'm not famous. I'm not even moderately well known or critically acclaimed. So, I can sit around and sulk about all that, or I can perform a crazy, Herculean task just for the hell of it. Plus, doing something like this is, somewhat sadly, my idea of a Good Time.

2) I'm going to continue to do everything in my power to support the Dr. Orphyus Project. I'm not a fan of the DOP because it's my brother's band. I'm a fan of the Project because it's the most exciting act on the entire musical scene. I'll gladly do anything I can to support that cause.

3) I'd like one, nice Vacation. I work 40 hours a week in a Sawmill, and I work 40 or more hours on Comics every week. I travel all over the Midwest and beyond attending Comic Conventions where I spend most of my time standing up on a concrete floor, talking and talking and talking and promoting and pushing and selling and working my ass off. And I'm swell with all of that. But, still, I'm gonna need to get away at some point, or I'm gonna lose it.

And that's about it. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment