Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ice, Snow, and MONSTER KING Hype!

"Oh Crap! The Eggs!"

Welp, before we get to the Hype (and there's a fair amount of it), I hope everyone made it out of the Ice Storm okay. We didn't get it too bad. We lost power for about six nonconsecutive hours, but I was asleep for most of it. Man, oh man, I am sick to death of winter. Every blankety blankin' day I get up and work outside in weather that's 20 or less. Every day. Every freakin' day. We're all running out of patience for this crap. Oh, and it's snowing again today. I was gonna go to Evansville today, but now I'm not sure. I'd rather not end up in a ditch the day before the Super Bowl. Actually, I'd rather not end up in a ditch period.

Anyway, it's Saturday, so that means it's MONSTER KING Time! This week we've got pages 14-16, featuring the return of Hassan i Phantom and his annoying Marionettes. There's lots of smashing and a fair amount of blood. Fun!

Speaking of Monster King, the first full print issue of MONSTER KING is now available for sale in our online store at www.torcpress.com/store.html. If you dig the webcomic, you can help support it and ensure its continued existence by picking the book up. It's colorful.

And speaking of new comics, Issue 11 of "The Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club" is also now available. It's the conclusion of the "Pyramid" story arc, it's got a giant Snake Monster God thing, Cactus Joe goes crazy (or at the very least schizophrenic), and we get the story on Broken Tea Cup's sudden, mildly inexplicable transformation. It's a great comic and a great story arc. And, yes, I know I'm biased. So?

So, a few folks have mentioned they've been having trouble keeping up with the comings and goings in TORCville lately, mostly due to how much Myspace sucks nowadays. (Sorry, Myspace. I'm aware that I've posted a copy of this blog on you, but let's face facts, your sad attempts to regain relevance have only made you somehow more obsolete.) The simple solution to the problem is to just stop by www.torcpress.com once a week. Not only does MONSTER KING update once a week, but any time the BLOG updates, I'll now be clearly marking that on the BLOG Link. Plus, right up on top is the NEWS section with all of the latest, up-to-date TORC Info.

As we wrap things up for the morning and try to decide whether I wanna roll the dice on a trip across state in a possible snowstorm (groan), let's talk Conventions, shall we? My Convention Schedule for 2011 Looks like this so far:

STAPLE- March 5-6-- Austin, TX- Status: Confirmed and Plane Tickets Purchased. Notes: It's a long trip, but totally worth it, as this has become a yearly favorite of mine. Not only do I get away from the crappy Illinois weather for a weekend, but the crowds are great. I'll be there both days.

SPACE- March 19-20-- Columbus, OH- Status: Confirmed. Notes: My favorite show of the year. I'm not sure what will happen now that it's on the same day as C2E2, but who cares? SPACE is great.

Gem City Con- April 1-- Dayton, OH- Status: Confirmed. Notes: Geez, I'm starting to think I should buy a house somewhere in Ohio. I spend a lot of time in that state. Anyway, a friend recommended this one day show, so I thought I'd check it out. The table was affordable, so now matter how I do, I'm not out too much.

Free Comic Book Day- May 7 -- Comic Quest in Evansville, IN- Status: I think I'm in. Notes: My closest "Con", I've been setting up at Comic Quest for...4 years(?) now on FCBD. Sometimes I make some okay scratch, and it's nice to be within driving distance from home.

Minnesota Spring Con- May 21-22 --St. Paul, MN- Status: I've Contacted People. Awaiting Confirmation. Notes: A friend recommended this show to me. Also, I may be able to say hi to an old friend while I'm up there.

Derby City Comicon- July 16-- Louisville, KY- Status: I've sent my money out. Awaiting Confirmation. Notes: Clint gave me the info on this one. The drive's not too bad (three hours, give or take), so I should be able to work the show and drive home on the same day. Nice.

Wizard World Chicago- August 11-14-- Rosemont, IL- Status: Haven't sent my money yet. Waiting for Tax Refund. Notes: My only Illinois show. How screwed up is that?

Cincinnatti Comic Expo- September 17- Cincinnatti, OH- Status: Haven't sent my money yet. Notes: I don't know why, but there's a lot of shows in Ohio. Go figure.

Nashville Comic and Horror Fest- October 1-2- Nashville, TN-- Status: Need to contact promoter for prices/availability, then send money. Notes: I've worked this show for a few years now. This year it's back at the Fairgrounds, which is nice. We do nicely here.

Right now I've got nothing in June (groan), and I'm debating whether or not to work Mid-Ohio Con (Ohio, again? Really?) in November. If Clint wants to split a table, I'll probably do it. Otherwise, I could skip that one. I don't plan on working shows during the months of December through February.

No comments:

Post a Comment