Monday, August 25, 2014

Skull Mob 5-6

Today's Webcomic:

Skull Mob #5/ Bad Rapture Chapter 3/ Page 6.

I'm not sure how long the Cryer (the Angel with the giant head who is, y'know, crying all the time) has existed inside my brain.  I can remember drawing the character while I still lived in the old house out on the gravel road, so, at the very least he's been around since 1996.  Yeah.  I've not really gotten to do anything with him in the comics though, so at the very least "Bad Rapture" has given me the opportunity to make use of some of the villains I haven't gotten much of a chance to mess around with yet.

Boolah had an interesting take on the Cryer, viewing him as an Angel that cared Too Too much, whose attempts to "help" people typically involved killing them.  The description immediately made me think of the Abominable Snowman from the Old Bugs Bunny cartoons... "I'm gonna pet him an' squeeze him an' love him an' call him George."

Oh, and before I forget (and yes, this will get old fast) a great new way to support TORC Press is to sponsor us on Patreon.  I'm currently reposting all of Bad Rapture to date (almost all of SDF 8 is up), and if you donate a measly dollar you can view the first 5 pages of my Lost Comic, "SDF: Cyclopean".

No comments:

Post a Comment