Monday, August 18, 2014

Skull Mob 5-1

Today's Webcomic:

Skull Mob #5/ Bad Rapture Chapter 3.  Page 1.

Aaaaaaaaand we're back.  Didja miss us?  Bad Rapture is up and running again, this time picking up with Chapter 3, which just happens to be the start of Issue 5 of Skull Mob.  That's not confusing at all, is it?

This opening sequence set inside the Burning Hotel was all Boolah's idea, and it's a cool one.  It gives us a chance to check in with Mr. Dodo/Xipe Topec, who has obviously got a personal investment in the battle between our Geek Heroes and the Evil Angels, considering he is personally manipulating both the titular Skull Mob as well as Killboy and Spookshow. 

One of the things I immediately wanted to do when I conceived of this Event Comic was that I wanted each Comic/Chapter to look differently from the others.  So, after we get my faux-Kirby style in HFSAC, we transition over to my splattery inked/greywashed faux-Ralph Steadman style for Skull Mob.  Hopefully the difference in style is at least a little jarring, even if the underlying DNA is still my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment