Saturday, January 4, 2014

SDF 7-12 (TORC Press Is On Break)

Today's webcomic:

SDF.  Issue 7.  Page 12.  www.torcpress.com.

So, I'm gonna go ahead and take this next week off.  There's a lot of factors that have contributed to my decision to be lazy.  Here's the list:

1) Back in November, my house sprung a water leak, which took a solid week to fix, which ate my comics-making time.  This ate up my reserve of pages, and I've never got caught up.

2) The Christmas season didn't really give me a chance to catch up.  It was fun, but I was busy. 

3)  I don't wanna say I'm sick right now.  But I am pretty messed up.  The cold does terrible things to my lungs, and turns out a guy has to breath if he wants to do... anything.  Also, my house can't keep up with the extreme cold here lately, and I have trouble concentrating (aka drawing) when I'm cold.

4) Mei and I are celebrating our one year anniversary in Bloomington, IL this weekend, which is about three hours north of me.  It's awesome that I've been in an amazing relationship with a wonderful woman for a full year.  What's not awesome is that it's supposed to snow like a mofo this weekend.  So there is a very real possibility that I will be snowed in and trapped away from home from now till... who knows.  (And anyone in the audience who even suggests I just stay home this weekend... just don't.  Nothing short of the end of the world will stop me from being with my gal this weekend)

Anyway, with this veritable barrage of things working against me, I've decided my best bet is to just give myself a week off to get caught back up.  I don't feel good about it, but even I have to be realistic every now and then.  TORC Press will pick back up on 1/12/14.

No comments:

Post a Comment