Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Skull Mob 5-19

First off, I mentioned changes to the Patreon site at http://www.patreon.com/torcpress yesterday.  Today I've got the official page release schedule (which is subject to change depending on the situation):

I am currently putting all of the Bad Rapture Crossover up on my Patreon, so a page of that will go up Monday-Friday.

Monday:  A new page of Hot Fudge Pulp featuring the Origin of Mr. Halloween.  This is a brand new comic that is exclusive to Patreon subscribers.   In addition, Clown & Penguin #0, which fills in some of the story gap from when the Clown first became Cosmic also posts on Monday, and is also exclusive to Patreon subscribers.

Tuesday:  A new page of SDF: Cyclopean posts.  This is a "lost" comic from the good ole days when the Clown and Penguin lived in a run down house in Illinois and spent a lot of time sitting on the couch watching TeeVee when they weren't Monster Fighting.  This one is exclusive to Patreon subscribers.

Wednesday:  Pulp Horrorshow v. 4, the Big Wulf story, posts on Wednesdays.  I never actually finished Pulp Horrorshow v. 4, so I'm using this opportunity to wrap that bad boy up.  This one is open to the public.

Thursday:  Pulp Horrorshow v. 4 featuring the debut of Jester Kidd, a character that we will be seeing again in the future.  Also open to the public.

Friday:  Pulp Horrorshow v. 4 featuring the debut of a new BoJangles.  This comic is a brand new addition to Pulp Horrorshow v. 4, and can only be viewed on the Patreon site.

So, there you go.  Moving on to...

Today's Webcomic:

Skull Mob 5/Bad Rapture Chapter 3/Page 19.

I feel like I may need to explain this page a little (hopefully I don't, but in case my storytelling falls a little short...), so here's a panel by panel breakdown:

Panel 1:  When a member of the Hot Fudge Sundae Adventure Club is severely injured, they wrap themselves in a protective cocoon while their body undergoes repairs.  So, those weird pod things in panel one are, in fact, Electric Cherry, Eyemo, Eyemii, and Los Super Hip Bros.  I didn't have the space to properly show this effect, so I just rolled the dice and hoped people would figure out what I was going for.  They probably won't.

Panel 2:  Platageddon isn't dead, but his body has been completely destroyed.  The "Z" balloon is not only to reinforce that he's not dead, but also to continue the running gag that Platageddon sleeps through EVERYTHING, even his own decapitation.

Panel 3:  Razorfish is also dead (it's not just a flesh wound...), having used his body to shield Sally Mander from the impact of the Vertionce crashing to earth.  Razorfish was a character I created when I was a teenager, but he's only been in the actual TORCverse for a few years now.  I'm gonna miss him.  He was a good guy.

Panel 4:  On the right hand side you can see what's left of Dust, who was directly under the Vertionce when he returned to Earth.  Almost from the moment I envisioned this story 2 or 3 years ago, I knew that Dust was gonna die at this precise moment.  Destiny can suck sometimes.

Panel 5:  A character we haven't really bothered to mention is Estiel, the Blue Angel on the Right Hand side of this panel.  She's a Good Angel who remained loyal to the Matron.  Sadly, neither me or Boolah have taken much of an interest in her, so she's ended up not getting a lot of screen time.  She, @byss, and SOL (and Sally Mander, kinda) are the only Geek Heroes left standing after the blast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment