Sunday, September 30, 2012

TORC Press... Live?

So... I had a weird night on Friday.  As some of you know, my brother has a killer one-man band called the Dr. Orphyus Project.  I do the artwork and videos for the DOP.  They're lovingly crude and ugly and beautiful.  Bro is starting his 2012 Fall Tour, and the second stop of the tour was Friday in our backyard, Effingham, IL.  Instead of playing the typical dive bar or whatever, Bro somehow got a gig at the Effingham Performance Center, an actual, full fledged concert venue that acts like Weird Al Yankovitch and Galagher have played at (yeah, I know, not exactly epic talent, but this is Middle of Nowhere Illinois, give us a break).  So, for once, Bro's got a big fat stage to perform on and a professional sound system and all sorts of cool stuff going on.  So, Bro decided that it was time to unveil the Dr. Orphyus Project Live Art Show.

To put it simply, Bro performed his act on stage, and I painted stuff.  On stage.  In front of an audience. 

It was utterly terrifying.

Anyway, I did my thing, painted some paintings, and kept my back to the audience the whole time so I wouldn't just completely lose my nerve and run off somewhere and never come back.  We got through the show, and people seemed to like it.  I even sold some of the paintings.  That was weird.

Anyway, anyway, if there is anyone reading this that was at the show on Friday, thanks for supporting the Dr. Orphyus Project and TORC Press.  Hope you enjoyed the show.  In the meantime, Bro (and his tour manager, Fitchy) is on the Road doing his thing.  The should have been in Peoria, IL last night, and I think they leave the state today.  Not sure where they're at right now, but I wish them good luck and godspeed.

In TORC Press News, SDF continues to update on Mondays, and our new strip, Truth or Consequences, updates on Saturdays (Page 3 went live yesterday).  You can check out both strips for Freesies at http://www.torcpress.com/.  I've got two more Cons to slam my way through this year.  I'll be at the Nashville Comic and Horror Festival next weekend, and I'll be all the way out in San Francisco, CA for the APE show.  Yeah.  I don't what I was thinking.

Again, TORC Press will be on Vacation from the time I get on the airplane on Friday October 12 until Monday October 22nd, so there will be no new webcomix during that time, and I won't be able to fill any online orders (haha...always makes me chuckle when I type that) either.

Oh, and I think I'm starting to completely freak out about all of this.  So that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment