Sunday, September 23, 2012

Production Updates- 9/23/12

Welcome to TORCland.  Here's what's goin' down:

Conventions:  We've got two Conventions left for this Year of Our Lord, 2012.  First off, we'll be at the Nashville Comic & Horror Festival on October 6-7 at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville, TN.  Details are available at http://www.comiccitytn.com/Convention_Listings.html.  It's always a solid show, and as a super bonus, I get to hang out with my beloved cousins, my wonderful nephew, and hopefully get a little time to hang out with my buddy Mark.

Secondly, TORC Press will be hopping a plane the very next week to go to the Alternative Press Expo (APE for short) in San Francisco, CA.  I didn't expect to end up working this show, so you can imagine my surprise when I actually got this show.  Anyway, I'll be leaving on October 12, and the show is Oct. 13-14.  While I'm out West, I'm gonna be taking a Loooong Overdue and Well Deserved Vacation.  So, as a result, TORC Press will be on total shut down from October 12 until October 21.  During that time, I won't be able to fill any Online Orders (hahaahahaha) and there won't be any Updates or Online Comix updated during that time period. 

Webcomix:  

SDF-  The online version of "SDF" is currently on Issue 3.  You can view the Archives of Issue 1 Here and Issue 2 Here.  You can start reading Issue 3 Here.  The current issue is pitting the Hardworking Heroes of the Community Watch against a Trio of Bullies that are Jacked Up on Unstable Mutagen.  It's been a hard fight, and our heroes are not fairing particularly well.  Plus, there's an innocent bystander stuck in the middle that our heroes are desperately trying to protect.  That's not going well either.  We're currently on Page 5.  Page 6 comes out tomorrow.

Pulp Horrorshow-  Issue 2 of Pulp Horrorshow: DirTown concluded this last week.  You can view the entire Online Issue HerePulp Horrorshow will be on break until after I get back from Vacation, and will return with Issue 3 on 10/24/12.  You can view the Online Version of Issue 1 in its entirety Here.

Truth or Consequences Issue Zer0-  We've got a brand new online comic that we debuted yesterday.  It's called Truth or Consequences, which is a reference to what my Company was originally called before I shortened it to TORC.  It's a Zero issue cause I always wanted to do a Zero Issue.  Yep.  Anyway, the debut issue features the debut of Mango-Habenero, which is me finally getting to do my personal take on the Defenders.  The first page features Octopus Jones from SDF and Dr. Dream from Pulp Horrorshow.  I'm trying out a new Art Style on this book, as well.  You can view the first page Here.

COMIX:  Check out our Online Store to purchase any of Comix listed below.

SDF-  The Print Edition of Issue One is currently available.  It contains all of the Online Content, as well as an Exclusive 8 Page aliceislost story.  I just completed the Print Edition of Issue Two.  I won't be making it available online until after I get back from my vacation.  The second issue contains all of the Online Content as well as an Exclusive 8 Page aliceislost story.

Pulp Horrorshow Vol. 3-  The Print Edition of Issue One is currently available.  It contains all of the Online Content as well as an Exclusive 6 Page aliceislost story and a 6 page Dr. Dream story.  I am currently working on the Print Edition of Issue Two.  It will contain all of the Online Content, as well as an Exclusive 6 Page Blade Rebels story and an Exclusive 6 Page story featuring the debut of a new character called the K-9.  I have no idea when I'll have this one completed.

Clown & Penguin-  The first issue is currently available.  It's got a crazy mad Cosmic story featuring the Clown and Penguin, and a back up story filling in some of the blanks.  I'm currently working on the 2nd Issue, which has a 25 page story that continues from Issue one, and a back up story that fills in some more blanks.  I'm currently making C&P 2 a priority, so I hope to have the issue done before Winter.

Death Moth-  The first issue of my horribly messed up Adults Only book is currently available.  It's dark and wrong and bloody as hell.  The Second Issue is currently on hiatus until after I finish Clown & Penguin 2.

Mystery Project-  I've got a new book (besides Truth or Consequences, of course) that I'm going to start work on after I get back from vacation.  I'll talk about it more after I've got some work done on it.

Random Notes:

I really like Octopus Jones.  I like drawing him.  I like writing him.  He's a fun character.

I am getting close to producing my 100th TORC Press Comic.  With the Publication of Pulp Horrorshow (v.3) #1, I have produced 93 Comics (give or take... my Math may be a little fuzzy).  SDF #2, Clown & Penguin #2, Pulp Horrorshow (v. 3) #2, Death Moth #2, and Truth or Consequences Zer0 will bring the count up to 98.  I'm not sure what will slot in at 99.  Anyway, the point of all of this is that I'm gonna be doing a special issue for the 100th, and I'm gonna call it "Truth or Consequences 100".  It'll be a bit of a shout out to my very first comic "Pulp Horrorshow" v. 1 #1.  The first Pulp Horrorshow contained Three Short Stories and a Walt n' Sped strip, so Truth or Consequences 100 will contain Three Short Stories and a Walt n' Sped strip.  Cool, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment