Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I am Doing Stuff

First off, a big ole thank you to everyone that came out and supported TORC Press at the 2012 Wizard World Chicago Comicon.  I truly appreciate it.  Speaking of support, I'd like to take a moment to thank some of my fellow Small Press Soldiers in the Trenches.  There's John Hoban, who produces an excellent comic called "Apocalypse City" and a sick parody comic called "Night of the Smurfing Dead" (you can find his work on the Facebook, I believe).  Also, Jon Michael Lennon, who produces the utterly messed up anthology, "Product of Society".  I truly admire his complete and utter lack of self censorship.  Whatever messed up crap he wants to draw, he draws.  Nice.  Anyway, you can find him at www.cheeselordcomics.com.  And lastly, there's Greg & Fake, who produce these bizarre paintings that I really dig.  They're also branching into full fledged comicking.  Lemme see if I can find a website...I'm sure they're on Facebook.... can't find a website.  Anyway, they do cool stuff.

Second off, there's a new page of "Pulp Horrorshow: DirTown" up for viewing over at:  http://www.torcpress.com/ph2-7.html.  It's pretty emo.  I apologize in advance.  Still, I tapped into some legitimate stuff for this page, so there's that.

I'm tired, so as usual I'm blogging with my brain on fizzle-fry.  Blurble-blurg.

Oh!  I remember!  My next and last Convention of the year is the Nashville Comic & Horror Festival in Nashville, TN on October 6-7.  I should probably contact my cousins so I've got a place to stay.  Anyway, I'll be there doing my thing, shilling my comix, and making bad jokes about people's costumes.  Yeah, you heard me you goofy cosplay people.  I make fun of you as soon as you're outa earshot.  You never buy anything anyway.  Except that one guy in the Joker costume.  You're cool in my book.  Also, that guy dressed up like the main character from the Hitchhiker's Guide.  Why can't I think of his name?  Damnit.

According to my calender, "SDF" returns to work on Monday, August 20th.  I should probably draw something.  Also, don't forget to check out my killer new (and by new I mean it's been around since May and I'm only just now promoting it online) comic, "Clown & Penguin" #1.  There's a Preview at http://www.torcpress.com/cnpprev.html.  It's a great comic.  So great, in fact, that I'm not gonna say something goofy to counteract that statement.  And speaking of Clown & Penguin, I've finished most of the Pencils on Issue 2, and I've just completed Page One.  Sure, it's a long way to go before I'm done, but a Journey of 32 Pages starts with a Single Page, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment