Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hamburgers, Wrestling, and, of course, Comix

So, Brooks and I hit the road for Indianapolis, IN for the Chikara Pro Wrestling show on Saturday.  After finding the venue, we set sail for nearby Carmel, IN in order to get that most wondrous of things:  A Good Burger.  We found the place, about a half hour away from the venue, nestled in a quaint but happening little community.  Bub's Burgers and Ice Cream is a little joint which has more seating on the outside than it has on the inside.  Luckily, with just two of us, it was quick and easy to get a table.  Now, the gimmick with this place is that they have a burger called the Big Ugly Burger, which is a full pound burger.  If you eat one, you get a picture on the wall, eat two you get a bigger picture, eat three you get a very large picture, and if you eat four you get a full sized poster.  For the record, there was no way I was eating one burger, let alone four.  Nope, I got me the 1/4 lb. burger.  It's pretty simple, no fancy toppings, just a burger, bun, cheese, with lettuce, tomato, and pickle on the side (who needs that crap).  I went ahead and got pepper jack cheez and jalepenos and loaded up with ketchup and mustard.  Turns out I didn't need the extra stuff.

Because this was the Best Burger I Have Ever Eaten in a Restaurant. 

I've had burgers with better toppings.  I've had better burgers at home and at cook outs.  But in terms of pure, simple Burger goodness, this was the best burger I've ever had.  It actually reminds me quite a lot of the End of "The Clown & Tea Cup Show" #1.

Anyway, back to Indy we went, and we hit the Chikara Show.  And it was awesome.  Fun, exciting, silly, strange, beautiful.  There was a eight man tag that was incredible.  Mike Quackenbush went nuts.  I'm in love with Saturyne (did I just type that...ignore that last line).  It was great.  I picked up a DVD and a new Wrestling Mask to add to my collection.  I was happy.

In TORC Press News, we'll have be starting a new Issue of "SDF" on Monday, and if I can stop myself from taking a nap, I'm gonna try to add a new comic to the Online Store at www.torcpress.com today. 

Oh.  And the following is an experiment.  Dark Knight Rises.  Adventure Time.  Um, what else is popular?  Glee?  That should give me a good litmus.

No comments:

Post a Comment