Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Shananigans

Hey, this is my 200th post on this blog! Huzzah!

Had a nice birthday weekend, and pretty much got what I wanted out of the deal, namely Pizza, Comics, and Tacos. Lots of Comics. We also hit the "City Museum" in St. Louis, which was a lot of fun, despite the fact that Bro and I both managed to bump our heads, and I damn near twisted my stupid ankle. Still, apparently, a good time was had by all.

Speaking of comics, a few random notes before we ramble about "SDF"...

Right now my biggest problem with DC's "New 52" is the fact that apparently we're not getting a full year of story from any one team. Most of the artists are taking breaks for an issue or two (in fact, I'm pretty sure every issue 6 except, surprisingly, Justice League, has been by a fill in artist) at some point in their run. Plus, apparently, there's going to be a linewide game of Musical Chairs shortly that will completely change the writing and/or art teams on just about every book. That kind of annoys me. I was hoping for 12 issues by singular art/writing teams. I guess we can't do that kinda thing anymore.

After checking four different comic shops in Evansville and St. Louis, I finally found a copy of "Prophet" #21 (with a damn variant cover...beggars can't be choosers...). I guess shops underestimated how well this one would sell. Which is too bad because it was awesome! (Pun not intended)

"Adventure Time" 1 was sold out at two different comic shops in St. Louis.

I'm happy there's a new "Lobster Johnson" mini-series. Very, very happy.

I now possess all of the "Essential" volumes containing Jack Kirby's complete runs on "Fantastic Four" and "Thor". A couple more and I'll have damn near everything Kirby produced in the 60s. Mwa-hahahahaha!

Anyway, enough about other people's comics. Let's talk about my new webcomic, "SDF". Eventually, I plan on releasing a new page every Monday and Thursday. Unfortunately, I'm not really prepared to put out a new page today, so I'll try to have a new page up on Thursday, and then get the whole Mon/Thur thing going full steam next week. I am literally writing this comic as I go (no script, no net), so we'll see how things turn out as I bumble along.

1 comment:

  1. I picked up a copy of Adventure Time on a lark and don't need it. You want it? Steve Hager

    ReplyDelete